At Bronte Girls’ Academy our curriculum is designed to promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, intellectual, personal and physical development of all pupils. The curriculum includes formal lessons and a wide range of extra-curricular activities both within the school day and in the evenings and weekend.
In the organisation and planning of the curriculum we aim to meet the needs of all our pupils so they achieve the best they can. To maximise achievement, we will:
- Emphasise the duty of every pupil to seek and gain knowledge
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning
- Emphasise the key skills of communication, numeracy and information technology
- Use information technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Extend learning into the community and the world of business and employment
- Monitor pupil performance and set targets for improvement
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning, to identify strengths and weaknesses, and improve performance to meet individual targets
- Support pupils through mentoring, additional study and homework
- Provide opportunities for pupils to take part in a range of social enterprise, community service and extra-curricular activities
At Key Stage 3 pupils will be taught National Curriculum programmes of study in the following subjects:
At Key Stage 4 most pupils will follow a combination of subjects which will enable them to achieve the English Baccalaureate. Pupils will also be able to opt to take additional GCSE or equivalent subjects. A very small number of pupils will undertake an alternative vocational pathway. This will be a targeted pathway which will ensure SEN pupils, including those supported with an EHC Plan and those newly arrived to the country, are supported in their learning to ensure they make rapid progress. Pupils will complete nationally and industry recognised awards and qualifications, developing a personalised portfolio to include GCSEs and vocational achievements.
At Key Stage 4 pupils will be taught GCSE programmes of study in the following subjects:
English Baccalaureate Subjects
- Computer Science
- Modern Languages (Spanish/French)
Additional Optional Subjects from
- Expressive Arts (Music, Drama)
- Art Textiles & Product Design
- Religious Education
- Physical Education
- Vocational Subjects
The Academy’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) focus will equip our pupils with the skills, knowledge and confidence to make a difference to the challenges faced by the human race.
If you require an further information regarding our curriculum, please click here and the relevant member of staff will contact you in due course.