FSM Voucher Update
This is a very difficult time for many families who are trying to adjust to new working routines whilst balancing the needs of children and their continued learning. A main concern for many will be how they will feed their children at home without the free school meal entitlement whilst schools are closed.
To support these families the government have launched a new supermarket voucher scheme that will assist those families that are in most need. Each family that is currently in receipt of benefits-related free school meals will be sent from school either an eGift code, if there is a working email address, or a postal eGift card for the value of £15 per week per eligible child.
Free School Meal guidelines:
- Schools in our Trust which are open for the children of critical workers and vulnerable children will continue to provide meal options for our children who are attending school. (Currently we have a number of our Trust schools open for this provision but this is being monitored by the Local Authority and may be subject to change)
- The new voucher scheme is to help children who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals and are NOT currently in school.
- The new voucher scheme is based on arrangements the government have made with a number of national major supermarkets - Morrison's, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose and M&S. Feversham Education Trust are unable to add any additional food suppliers.
- Your child's school will order the vouchers on your behalf, which will then be sent electronically to each eligible family or as an eGift card or posted to families who are unable to access the internet.
- The value of each voucher will be £15 per school week for each eligible child.
- eCodes are a 16 digit code which we will send to you if we have a valid email address. You will use this code to access www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk and chose your supermarket eGift card. This can then be used to purchase food from a number of national supermarket chains. Families without internet access will receive an eGift card via the post.
More information will be added to our website to ensure that our parents and careers are keep informed as possible.